Sample the typical flavors of Portugal while being immersed in the sounds of the country's musical legacy with this dinner & fado show at Mesa de Frades - an unforgettable evening in Lisbon!
Mesa de Frades Fado Dinner Show
If you're looking for a complete cultural experience in Lisbon, you've come to the right place! We'll meet at the entrance of Mesa de Frades, an iconic corner of the capital known for its enchanting evenings full of food and fado.
Mesa de Frades, more than a restaurant, is an essential place on the Ruta de Fado ('fado route'). Located in an old chapel, this space is adorned with Portuguese tiles that have bore witness to the notes of this musical genre since the 18th century.
Before the fado show, you'll treat your palate to a typical dinner consisting of starters, a main course, a dessert, and a drink. Afterward, you'll be enveloped by the sounds of Portuguese guitars accompanied by a fado singer. The performance will last three and a half hours, the perfect amount of time to surrender your senses to the magic of this style of music.
Finally, after a six-hour experience in Mesa de Frades, the activity will end.
The dinner menu will consist of the following:
- Starters: bread, olives, homemade butter, tuna pâté, peixinhos da horta, goat cheese puff pastry with honey, cod, and vegetable pie.
- Main course: choose between sirloin steak with Portuguese sauce or three pepper sauce with french fries and quail egg, Iberian pork with morsels of asparagus and tomato, Mesa de Frades cod, or baked fish fillet with vegetables.
- Dessert: a choice of Sintra Queijada cake, Convent of Santa Clara encharcada (egg-based pudding), chocolate mousse with macaroon topping, or seasonal fruit.
- Drink: wine, water or soft drinks, and coffee.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions
Mesa de Frades