Any traveller who knows the Lisbon area equally knows that Sintra and Cascais are two must-see destinations found just outside the city.
Day Trip to Sintra and Cascais + Palacio da Pena
Leaving Lisbon at 9 am we hit the road towards Sintra, a fairytale city just 30 minutes away from the capital.
Once in Sintra you will have time to visit the mysterious Parque da Pena, exploring its caves and secret paths, as well as entering the Palacio da Pena itself, one of Portugal's most impressive sights. The peak of the mountain offers breathtaking views from the Castelo dos Mouros (Moorish Castle).
Now in the historic centre of Sintra, there will be an hour and a half of free time to eat and visit the Sintra National Palace if you'd like. On the way to Cascais the tour will make a brief stop at Cabo da Roca (the most eastern point in all Europe) and Guincho beach, known by many as a surfer's paradise.
Coming back along the Atlantic coast, we will take in the Boca do Inferno, and will arrive in Cascais, taking a walk along the bay. Following this, you will have free time to visit the historic centre or take a dip in the sea: a refreshing treat during the hot summer months.
On the way back to Lisbon the tour passes through Estoril, a city famous for its maritime promenade and casino.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 33% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Adults With Lisbon Card||Children under 12|
|English language tour||
English language tour
Adults With Lisbon CardUS$ 79.30
Children under 12US$ 44
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Entry to the park and Palacio da Pena.
English speaking guide.
Guided tours through the interior of the monuments
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (7:00 am local time) if there are still places available.
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What should we do if we don't want to visit the Palacio de Pena?
A - If you don't want to visit the palace, the price of the tour does not change. Nonetheless, the visit is not obligatory. During the hour and a half in which the tour visits the palace, you can stay in the palace café, or in the minibus, agreeing so previously with the guide.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Hard Rock Café, Restauradores Square.