Any traveller who knows the Lisbon area equally knows that Sintra and Cascais are two must-see destinations found just outside the city.
Day Trip to Sintra and Cascais + Palacio da Pena
Leaving Lisbon at 9 am we hit the road towards Sintra, a fairytale city just 30 minutes away from the capital.
Once in Sintra you will have time to visit the mysterious Parque da Pena, exploring its caves and secret paths, as well as entering the Palacio da Pena itself, one of Portugal's most impressive sights. The peak of the mountain offers breathtaking views from the Castelo dos Mouros (Moorish Castle).
Now in the historic centre of Sintra, there will be an hour and a half of free time to eat and visit the Sintra National Palace if you'd like. On the way to Cascais the tour will make a brief stop at Cabo da Roca (the most eastern point in all Europe) and Guincho beach, known by many as a surfer's paradise.
Coming back along the Atlantic coast, we will take in the Boca do Inferno, and will arrive in Cascais, taking a walk along the bay. Following this, you will have free time to visit the historic centre or take a dip in the sea: a refreshing treat during the hot summer months.
On the way back to Lisbon the tour passes through Estoril, a city famous for its maritime promenade and casino.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Adults With Lisbon Card||Children under 12|
|English language tour||
English language tour
Adults With Lisbon CardUS$ 80.70
Children under 12US$ 44.80
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Entry to the park and Palacio da Pena.
English speaking guide.
Guided tours through the interior of the monuments
When to book?
You can book up until 1.5 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What should we do if we don't want to visit the Palacio de Pena?
A - If you don't want to visit the palace, the price of the tour does not change. Nonetheless, the visit is not obligatory. During the hour and a half in which the tour visits the palace, you can stay in the palace café, or in the minibus, agreeing so previously with the guide.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Hard Rock Café, Restauradores Square.