Discover Lisbon from a new perspective on this boat tour: cruise down the Tagus River to the famous Belém district. Explore historic monuments, admire beautiful streets and taste traditional pasteles de nata. What are you waiting for?
Belém Boat Tour Itinerary
On the morning of your tour, you'll meet your guide in Praça do Comércio, in the heart of Lisbon city centre. From there, you'll head down to the dock where you'll board a semi-covered boat to Belém. Throughout the cruise, which takes around 30 minutes, you'll enjoy spectacular views of Lisbon from the Tagus River.
What's more, you'll make a stop during the journey under the 25 April Bridge, allowing you to admire the iconic structure of one of the longest suspension bridges in Europe. Continuing your boat trip, you'll near the Christ the King sanctuary, which stands atop a hill on the opposite bank of the river.
As you sail down the Tagus, you'll be able to see the sweeping curve of the Museum of Architecture, Art and Technology (MAAT) building, contrasting with the historic Tejo Power Station, now the Electricity Museum, next to it on the riverbank. Approaching the Belém district, you won't be able to miss the enormous Padrão dos Descobrimentos, a monument in the form of a caravel which celebrates the Age of Exploration.
At around 11:30 am, you'll head back onto dry land next to the Belém Tower, a 16th century fortress that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After learning about the history and importance of the building, you'll enjoy a stroll around the nearby area, visiting the Jerónimos Monastery, one of Lisbon's most visited monuments, and entering its church.
Your tour will come to an end around 1:30 pm at a bakery where you'll have the opportunity to try a famously delicious pastel de nata, or Portuguese custard tart (not included).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Spanish guided tour||
Spanish guided tour
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 9.30
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in Spanish.
Spanish speaking guide.
covered boat trip to Belém (one way).
Entry to Jerónimos Monastery.
Pastel de nata.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the same day (10:30 pm) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Praça do Comércio, Lisbon.