Explore Lisbon's most spectacular sights in style and comfort: enjoy a guided tour of the Portuguese capital in a vintage VW Beetle.
Why do a Beetle tour?
The vintage Volkswagen Beetle is one of the world's most iconic cars. Enjoy a new perspective on the Portuguese capital's most emblematic sights exploring the city in a classic "bug": a journey from the past through the Lisbon of the present!
What's more, both routes include hotel pick up and drop off and an expert English-speaking guide.
Lisbon Beetle Tour Options
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between two different tour options:
3 hour tour
On the day of your activity, at the time of your choice, you'll be picked up from your hotel in the centre of Lisbon by a vintage Volkswagen Beetle, one of the most iconic cars in the world.
So begins your unique guided tour of the Portuguese capital, which will take you on a route around the city's most beautiful and important places of interest. Accompanied by your English-speaking guide and driver, you'll visit monuments like the 15th century Jerónimos Monastery, a World Heritage Site; the elegant Praça do Comercio square; and the emblematic Belém Tower.
Reaching the beautiful Belém district, you'll indulge in a tasting of Portugal's most famous sweet treat, which shares the neighbourhood's name: the Pastéis de Belém, a delicious custard tart. Mouth-watering! Your Beetle ride will also take you to the highest point in Lisbon, the Senhora do Monte viewpoint. From this hilltop chapel, you'll enjoy incomparable views over the Portuguese capital.
This tour takes place at 8:30 am and 2:30 pm.
7 hour tour
Having been picked up from your hotel in Lisbon, you'll set off in the VW Beetle to Sintra, a World Heritage Site home to numerous natural and architectural attractions as well as an indescribable magic. You'll then visit nearby Cascais, a picturesque coastal town which breathes elegance around every corner. Driving down the Avenida Marginal which borders the Tagus River, you'll make your way back to Lisbon.
Back in the Portuguese capital, you'll enjoy a tour of the main places of interest, including the Jerónimos Monastery, Praça do Comercio square; and the Belém neighbourhood, where you'll of course get to try Pastéis de Belém. Finally, you'll explore Alfama, Lisbon's most historic district.
This tour operates at 8:30 am.
Hotel pick up
This VW Beetle tour of Lisbon includes a pick up and drop off service at hotels located in the city centre of the Portuguese capital. However, in the case that certain hotels in the centre are not accessible for traffic reasons, a nearby meeting point will be arranged.
- This tour is carried out in vintage Volkswagen Beetles, which means some of them don't have seatbelts. If you're travelling with children under 12 years old, please let us know when making your reservation, so that we can assign you a car that does have safety belts.
- The Beetles have a maximum capacity of 4 people, including the seat for the driver-guide.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 3 people|
|3 hour tour at 8:30 am||
|3 hour tour at 2:30 pm||
|7 hour at 8:30 am||
3 hour tour at 8:30 am
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 217.40
3 hour tour at 2:30 pm
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 217.40
7 hour at 8:30 am
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 289.90
3 - 7 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking driver guide.
Pick up and drop off from hotels in Lisbon city centre.
Tasting of Portuguese delicacies.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.