Discover the incredible wildlife that lives off the coast of Portugal: enjoy this unforgettable dolphin-watching boat trip from Lisbon!
Dolphin Watching Cruise Itinerary
After meeting at the scheduled time at Santo Amaro Docks in Lisbon, you'll climb aboard your boat and set sail on your dolphin-watching adventure.
Begin by cruising down the River Tagus in the direction of the Atlantic Ocean. The boat will sail under the iconic 25 April Bridge and pass by some of Belém's most emblematic monuments, offering you magnificent views of Lisbon's riverside sights. As you sail out to sea, you'll also see the Bugio Lighthouse and enjoy the spectacular rugged coastline of Portugal.
Cruising out to the ocean, you'll begin searching for dolphins. Keep an eye out for them swimming, playing and jumping out of the water. As they usually travel in pods, if you spot one, there will probably be a whole group of them moving together!
If you're lucky, as well as watching these friendly marine mammals approach the boat and play in the waves around it, you'll be able to see other species too. See if you can spot sharks, jellyfish, and even sea turtles!
At the end of this incredible experience, you'll return to Santo Amaro Dock after a total of 3 hours.
Dolphins are very common around this area of Portugal. However, as the animals live freely and are unpredictable, we cannot guarantee they will be seen on your trip.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English and other languages.
Dolphin watching boat trip
Marine biologist on board
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- Include water in recyclable cartons.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The show represents local culture.
- The activity helps the conservation of biodiversity.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- The activity promotes local production.
- The activity helps vulnerable groups.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the probablility of spotting the dolphins?
A - We almost always see dolphins on the tour; the probability of spotting them is around 95%. However, we cannot guarantee this 100%, given that they are wild animals and are slightly unpredictable.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions
Santo Amaro Docks.