Discover the charm and cultural wealth of the Templar City with this Tomar Day Trip from Lisbon. We'll visit its old centre, the 12th century architecture and the historic Almourol Castle.
Tomar and Almourol Castle Day Trip
In the morning, we'll meet at the agreed point to start our Tomar day trip. After approximately an hour and a half travelling through the landscapes of central Portugal, we'll arrive at our first destination, Almourol Castle.
We'll approach the 12th century fortress, on the small island located in the Tejo River, by boat and go into the castle to admire its ten imposing towers. As we walk around the castle, we'll learn about its history. Did you know that it is one of the most important military monuments of the Iberain Reconquista?
Following on, you'll have free time to taste the traditional Portuguese cuisine at one of the medieval style restaurants in the area (lunch not included).
Afterwards, the bus will take us to Tomar, the Templar city. We'll visit the historical centre full of medieval monuments relating to the Order of the Poor Knights of Temple, and learn more about King Alfonso I and the Templars.
Accompanied by our guide, we'll visit Tomar Castle and the Convent of Christ, a sanctuary belonging to the Templars that was built in the image of the rotunda within the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. We'll also go to the Church of Santa Maria del Olivar, a 12th century Gothic temple built by and for the Knights Templar.
The tour will end returning to Lisbon.
Timetable and meeting points
The tour includes pick up at the following locations in Lisbon:
- 8:15 am: Hotel Tivoli Oriente.
- 8:30 am: Fado Museum.
- 8:30 am: Hotel Mundial.
- 8:45 am: VIP Executive Éden Aparthotel.
- 8:45 am: Bairro Alto Hotel.
- 9:00 am: Fénix Lisbon Hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 94.90
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Pick up and drop off at the meeting point.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Almourol Castle.
Entry to the Convent of Christ.
Free time at each stop.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.