Let yourself be enchanted by the mystic Shrine of Fatima on this day trip to the sacred pilgrimage site from Lisbon and discover the history of the Marian apparitions in the Portuguese town.
Fatima Day Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in Lisbon between 8 am and 9 am, we'll set off by minibus to the town of Fátima. The journey from the Portuguese capital takes around an hour and a half.
Arriving in the town, you'll have two hours of free time to tour the Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima at your leisure. This place of worship was built on the spot where, according to tradition, the Virgin Mary appeared to three shepherd children named Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta in 1917.
We recommend visiting the Chapel of the Apparitions and exploring inside the impressive Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary. The bronze crown atop its main bell tower weighs 7000 kilograms! The Chapel of St Joseph and the modern Basilica of the Holy Trinity, which opened in 2007, are also worth a visit. It may even be possible to attend mass in the latter, although we advise checking the schedule in advance.
After visiting Fátima, we'll continue the excursion to Aljustrel, a small village located just five minutes away. Here we'll visit the so-called Casa dos Pastorinhos: the home where Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta lived.
Finally, we'll return to the centre of Lisbon, where you'll be dropped off around 2 pm. When making your reservation, you'll be asked to pick your preferred drop off point in the Portuguese capital: in Praça dos Restauradores or in Praça do Marquês de Pombal.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 43.20
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 36.70
7 hours 60 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up.
Transport by minibus with WiFi.
English speaking driver.
Entry to Casa dos Pastorinhos in Aljustrel.
Reduced groups, there will be no more than 8 people.
Drop off at hotel.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).