The fishing village of Peniche, the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic, the Fort of San Juan Bautista... Discover the natural charm of the archipelago with this Berlenga Grande Day Trip from Lisbon.
Berlenga Grande Day Trip
We'll meet between 8 and 8:30 am, depending on the meeting point chosen, in the centre of Lisbon and head north to our first stop, Peniche.
After an hour and a half, we'll arrive at this small fishing village and go to its port, where we'll board the boat that will take us to the Berlengas Islands.
Once we arrive at Berlenga Grande, the largest island of this archipelago, we'll begin to tour the charms of this biosphere reserve. We'll walk through its narrow streets and natural paths with a view of the sea until we reach the Sao Jao Baptista Fortress.
We'll explore this medieval fortress located within the sea itself, and linked to the mainland by a beautiful stone bridge. Afterwards, you'll have a break to enjoy the impressive views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Following on, we'll discover the natural charms of Berlenga Grande by either enjoying its crystal clear waters and its biodiversity by snorkelling in the Atlantic Ocean, or by taking a boat ride with a glass bottom through the caves and grottos of the Berlengas Islands.
The tour will end returning to Lisbon, arriving at the starting point at 4 pm.
Timetable and meeting points
The tour includes pick up at the following locations in Lisbon:
- 8 am: Museo del Fado.
- 8 am: Hotel Mundial.
- 8:15 am: VIP Executive Éden Aparthotel.
- 8:15 am: Bairro Alto Hotel.
- 8:30 am: Fénix Lisbon Hotel.
Snorkel or Glass-bottomed boat trip
You must bear in mind that you won't be able to choose whether to snorkel or go on a glass-bottomed boat trip, it will vary according to the size of the group.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Per personUS$ 83.50
The activity takes place with a escort that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Pick up and drop off at meeting point.
English speaking guide.
Transport in air conditioned vehicle.
Transport by boat to Berlenga Grande.
Snorkel equipment or Glass
bottomed boat trip (depending on the size of the group).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (Lisbon local time).
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).